HomeAboutSpongebobAutism Mom'sContact

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Imperfection Is Beauty"


“Imperfection is Beauty”
By Jessica Hill
 
 
“Isolation,”, they say, “is what he will crave.”
although I haven’t talked to my friends in over a week.

“Spinning and stimming will keep him calm”
But, serenity is what I so desperately seek.

“Order and routine must be kept”
as I am searching for my keys and my phone.

How can I raise this autistic child
when I am a mess all my own?

I have read all the symptoms, stories, and books,
but where is the manual for coping with dirty looks.

“This child will scream, cry, and wail.”
But that is what I do on the inside, just no one can tell.

“These children need to take sensory breaks”
But, what about the mother whose had all she can take?

“Mothers are chosen for these children who are special and dear.”
But, why would God trust me when it’s Autism I fear?

I’ve read all the rules and seen all the signs,
but I’m barely keeping it between the lines.

“These parents must be patient, faithful, and strong”
But, most days it seems like all I do is wrong.

“This child won’t be verbal. He won’t express his needs.”
I may not always understand but I will follow where he leads.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© Design Kit by Blackleaf Studios