HomeAboutSpongebobAutism Mom'sContact

Thursday, March 3, 2011

"While You Were Staring"


While You Were Staring
By Jessica Hill
 
While you were staring
you could have picked up my purse.
I dropped it while my son was crying

And while you’re at it
could you muster a smile,
because my son is really trying

While you are huffing
and rolling your eyes
Could you understand that
loud noises catch him by surprise

While you were judging
my parenting skills
you failed to realize
how my son really feels

While you were whispering
“that child is a brat”
You missed what
caused him to behave like that.

If you would stop
and take a minute
to open your mind,
a child who is lost
in a world of sounds, sights, and smells
is what you would find.

Lending your hand or an understanding smile
would make the life easier
for someone raising
an autistic child.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

 
Designs by Dana
© 2011 Designs by Dana
© Design Kit by Blackleaf Studios